Re-registration of Ongoing Students
Parents are requested to register and reserve seats for the preferred scholastic year during school hours at an early date and no later than May 31. Otherwise, their seats may be allocated to new applicants. All outstanding fees that are due must be paid before registration and seat reservation. In line with Ministry of Education instructions, a transferring student’s file may be given to parents only after a letter of acceptance from the new school has been submitted.
Registration of New Students
We invite applications at the school as follows:
08:30 until 14:00 Sunday through Thursday
09:00 until 13:00 Saturday
(Please visit the “Book a Visit” section of the website to schedule an appointment)
(Note: our KG and lower grades are usually wait-listed; therefore, early registration is advised.)
Please bring your family booklet for registration. The amount of JD 500 is payable upon registration and is credited toward the second semester tuition fee installment. This amount is non-refundable in case of non-enrollment. Payment of this amount constitutes only provisional reservation. These advance payments are mandatory for both ongoing and new students.
• Documents Required for Enrolling New Students in Pre-KG, KG and Grade 1
- Certified birth certificate including the national ID number
- Copy of the family booklet
- Two recent photos
- Copy of the vaccination card and a medical clearance certificate
- Copy of a valid residence permit and picture of Father’s passport for non-Jordanians
- Copy of Father’s National ID
• Transfer Procedures
1. Parents are given a letter of admission by Amman Academy (once the student obtains his/her report card) in order for their previous school to hand them their student file. Parents must also obtain a financial clearance certificate from their child’s previous school.
2. The previous school then needs to issue a transfer document to Amman Academy for the student. This transfer document needs to be placed by the previous school in the student’s file together with the letter of admission. The file is then handed to the parent.
3. Note that parents must ensure that the transfer document and the previous school year results are certified by the Directorate of Education / Private Schools (located in Jabal Amman/ tel. 064640023).
4. The complete student file is then handed to administration at Amman Academy.
• Student File Contents
1. Amman Academy letter of admission
2. The transfer document to Amman Academy issued by the previous school and certified by the Directorate of Education / Private Schools
3. A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate including the national ID number
4. A copy of the family booklet
5. Two recent passport-size photos for the student
6. A copy of a valid residence permit for non-Jordanians
7. A cumulative report card for the student stamped through the previous school and Ministry of Education
8. A copy of the vaccination card and a medical clearance certificate
9. Student’s health card from the previous school
10. Students transferring to Grade 10 should bring previous school results for Grades 8 and 9, duly certified
11. Copy of Father’s National ID
• Certification of Documents
1. Documents issued by schools in Jordan must be certified by the Directorate of Education / Private Schools. In case of transfer from any of the governorates, the file must first be certified by that governorate’s Private Education Department.
2. For transfers from schools outside Jordan, documents should be certified by: - Ministry of Education of the previous country - Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the previous country - Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs - tel. 065735150 - Jordanian Ministry of Education - tel. 065607181 - The Directorate of Education / Private Education - tel. 064640023
3. Transfers from Kuwait must be certified by the Kuwaiti Cultural Office in Amman (5th Circle, tel. 065626638)
4. For transfers from schools in the United States, documents should be certified by: - Amideast in Wadi Abdoun, Princess Basma Street - tel. 065929994 - The Ministry of Education in Al-Abdali - tel. 065607331 - The Directorate of Education / Private Education - tel. 064640023
• Minimum Age Requirements
The minimum age for students as of the 1st of September should be as follows:
- 2 years and 8 months for Pre-KG
- 3 years and 8 months for KG1
- 4 years and 8 months for KG2
- 5 years and 8 months for Grade 1